<$BlogRSDUrl$>

lunedì, dicembre 01, 2008

Getting back together. 

I love that over the holidays, long lost friends and family show up and you can get back in touch. And then there are the new friends you haven't met yet.

Makes me all squishy inside.

My new friend Kacy here is a pretty high up in the Lamb and Welding world:

Ministry of Commerce

Ming Yuan

---------------------------------------

Greetings
Fromn Mrs.Kacy Meng

I know that this may come to as a surprise, I am the above named person from Hong Kong, and married to late Mr.John Meng who used to be a private contractor with the Mobil Petroleum Company in Benin Republic before he died in the year 2005.We were married for Nine years without a child.

Yes, I am truly surprised! The person writing the letter is the very same person who is named in the letter! Talk about culture clash.

When my late husband was alive he Made a numbered time (Fixed deposit) for 36 calendar months, valued at USD$3,000,000.00 with a Finance House in Benin Republic for safe keeping as Fund Belonging to his foreign business associate.This money have been floating as unclaimed since 2003 in the bank. According to the Benin law at the expiration of 5 (FIVE) years, the Money will revert to the ownership of the Benin Government if nobody applies to claim the fund.

It must be amazingly simple to open a bank account over there. No names, no ID. You want to put money in our finance house? Sure! Come on in. We'll put it in this mostly clean pickle jar in the corner for you. When you or anyone else needs it, just ask. BTW, what's a finance house? Is that like a public house in Britain? That's a pretty big tab. You might consider a new place to put your money. And lets not even get into the "If you don't claim it, I get it" policy. Who agreed to that? Oh, and where's the foreign business associate? Something here is starting to smell fishy to me.

Presently,I'm in a hospital where I have been under going treatment for oesophageal cancer,I have since lost the ability to talk and my doctors have told me that I do not have much time to live.It is my wish to see this money distributed amoung charity organizations and also to be useful to you,because relatives and friends have plundered so much of my wealth since my illness,I can not live with the agony of entrusting this huge responsibility to any of them again.

Ironic that you won't have to live with it, it seems. HEY! Maybe you don't have cancer! Maybe you have agony-itis, and once you give me all your money, you'll be cured! This could be a legit thing after all. This could be my chance to make a Christmas miracle!

Please,I beg you in the name of God to help me retrieve this money as soon as possible, I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money.

Great. Now you're bringing God into this and he's going to want a cut. Don't you realize that 3 million doesn't go that far anymore? By the time fees and taxes are taken out, we're going to be splitting about $700k, and then there's the wire transfers, account setup fees. Ugh. Pain in the ass. Maybe God should just take this one on his own.

As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the Accredited Lawyer incharge of the Fund who will advise you the best procedure to get the money transferred to your account,Please be sympathetic and assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated herein.

I wonder if I got my own Accredited Lawyer, could we speed things up a little? As often as I deal with this, I have a guy who really understands the ins and outs of this process. I should forward his contact information.

Regards
Mrs.Kacy Meng


----------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.

--
Este mensaje ha sido analizado por MailScanner
en busca de virus y otros contenidos peligrosos,
y se considera que está limpio.
MailScanner agradece a transtec Computers por su apoyo.

I especially love that it was scanned by a Latino spam filter. That inspires confidence.

Comments: Posta un commento

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?